E-bike and raft expedition Amsterdam Wetlands
Ride a confortable E-bike tour through Amsterdam wetlands and go on a raft expedition in the Dutch wilderness. Imagine yourself riding an e-bike and as the buzzing sounds of busy Amsterdam are slowely fading away, the beauty of the Amsterdam Wetland start to emerge. Reeds dancing on the wind, houseboats on the water, thousands of birds, dragonflies, old Dutch towns and fishing villages will appear.
As we arrive at the raft basecamp in the middle of the wetlands instructions and maps will be handed out to set you up for a night to remember. As you depart from the basecamp you take the raft and sail one of the routes on the map or pick your own route. Find a tea garden, restaurant, beach restaurant or a local spot to get food and enjoy the local cuisine. Enjoying a beautiful moment laying on a raft, floating around Amsterdam wetland and when the night comes down on the wetlands, natures amplifiers turn on with a scala on birds singing their songs.
Admiring millions of stars before having a peaceful night. After a floating night on the water, wake up at the middle of nowhere, with the sunrise shining on your tent. Use the kitchen gear for breakfast or pick a local place to dock and order it and head back to the basecamp before 11:00.After checkout you take your e-bike and head back for a 35 minute ride to Amsterdam.
Meeting point 09;50: Termini 25 AHTOGO, This is on the metrostation Amsterdam north in front of AHTOGO and 3 minutes from central translation by tube
Departure 09:30 by E-bike
Ebike ride 09:30 - 12:30 (actual riding time without stops is 40 minutes)
- visiting Amsterdam North, Broek in Waterland, Monnickendam and Katwoude
Arriving at basecamp Katwoude: Our team at the basecamp will give instructions, gear, raft and sailing maps with routes before you head out into the Dutch wilderness
Checkout time next morning: 11:00
Bikeride back to Amsterdam: You will receive the map and are free to ride back to Amsterdam or use the bike for you own route. It's a case direct way back to Amsterdam. You can park the bikes at the checkin location and we will call you with de debriefing.
Inventory on the raft
- Camping raft 4 sleeping spots
- cooking gear (gas, stove, cooking pan, frying pan), multiple restaurant in the area to dock if you do not want to cook
- 4 sleeping matrassen per raft
- 4-Persos Tent
- Drinking water 10 liters
- Toilet Bucket but along the route are multiple public toilets or restaurants
- garbage bag (respect the nature reserve and take all back to the basecamp to dispose
- sailing map with all routes
(numbers on the map correspondent with numbers along the route).
Tips on what to bring yourself
- plates and cutlery
- sleepingbag (can be rented also)
- Lamp (or mobile phone lamp)
- toiletbat with stuff
- (toothbrush, toilet paper etc)
- fishing rod
- food and drinks (supermarket and multiple restaurants for dinner/breakfast are along the route)